This walk programme has been issued in line with the Government COVID-19
guidelines at the time of writing.
guidelines may change, all walkers should be aware
of any changes, to reduce risks & maintain safe walking.
These guidelines must be
1. If any walker has any of the well-documented symptoms of Covid-19, they
must not be going on a walk. They should follow the appropriate Government
guidelines as issued.
2. People who are vulnerable or caring for vulnerable people should consider the
situation before going on a walk.
3. The nominated walk leader must carry out a recce of the walk beforehand and
may split the group into smaller sub-groups to help social distancing, or to
reduce risks on the walk based on, but not limited to, walk route conditions or
adverse weather conditions.
WEATHER CONDITIONS HAVE MADE THE PLANNED ROUTE RISKIER, THEN THE WALK LEADER
MAY CHANGE THE ROUTE OR CANCEL THE WALK IF DEEMED NOT SAFE. THIS WILL BE
COMMUNICATED THROUGH THE NORMAL CHANNELS E.G., EMAIL, FACEBOOK GROUP / PAGE,
THE WEATHER FORECAST LEADING UP TO A PLANNED WALK BE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS
E.G., SNOW AND ICE ON ROADS, IT IS THE WALKER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK WITH THE
RELEVANT WALK SECRETARY, (LISTED IN FOOTNOTE OF ALL CLUB COMMUNICATIONS EMAILS)
THAT THE WALK IS GOING AHEAD AS PLANNED.
6. Walk leaders will make a note of the number of people (not names) actually
on the walk. This information should be sent to the General Rambles
Secretary and will be used to help future walk planning.
7. The walk leader will give a briefing at the start of the walk to highlight any
areas of risk, and to remind people of the need to follow COVID-19 guidelines
8. It is the responsibility of all walkers to ensure they follow the appropriate
COVID-19 guidelines whilst out walking. This includes, but is not limited to,
having a face covering and hand sanitiser with them.
9. Car sharing must follow government guidelines in place on the date of the
THE EXCEPTION OF CAR RAMBLES, THE ABOVE SHOULD BE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE
RAMBLES GENERAL RULES AND GUIDANCE INFORMATION PAGE ON THIS WEBSITE
Bolton CHA Rambling Club
Additional contact numbers
07787 385055 & 07732 192129.
The Countrywide Holiday Association, (CHA) originally had holiday centres throughout the country.
The company ceased trading in the 1990’s but many of the Clubs continued to use the name of the Association & flourished by offering different activities to members.